This section was created specifically to communicate important information to the counselors of Nursing Mothers Alliance. If you are not a counselor but are interested in becoming one, call our warmline or email us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Here are the instructions that each counselor should follow when answering the Warmline. The Warmline should be checked at least twice a day – once in the morning and once in the evening. When your shift is over you MUST contact the next counselor on the list.
Below are the specific instructions for listening and saving messages.
- Call 610-993-9012. Since you have a mailbox, enter * (star). Then enter 610-251-9405. You will then be prompted for a passcode. For security reasons, we have removed the passcode from this website. However, if you contact your group GC or referral’s person, they can provide it to you.
- A voice will say how many messages you have and whether they are new or saved. To listen, press 1.
- After each message, you may save (press 2) or erase (press 3). NOTE: if you accidentally erase a message it isn’t gone until you hang up. Return to the main menu by pressing *, find the message you want and press 2 to save it when you have listened again.
The options to find the message you want are below:
- To skip to the next message, press #.
- To repeat the current message, press 1.
- To hear the previous message, press 6, then 4.
- To find out the time and day of the current message, press 6, then 5.
- To rewind 5 seconds (good for getting phone numbers) press 7.
- To go forward 5 seconds, press 9.
- To pause for 20 seconds, press 8. You can press any key to continue.
- To return to the main menu, press *.
- To exit contine to press * until you hear “Thank you for calling”